SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT FOR WEB HOSTING
GCS’s Support Services will provide:
- Setup and maintenance of a website and email accounts on GCS servers. GCS provides 99% uptime of your website and email. All possible precautions are taken to reduce/prevent downtime.
- Advice on any problems involving connectivity to GCS servers, email retrieval issues, and website availability issues.
- Prompt response to every customer request for help and diligence in rapidly resolving customer’s problems related to the services GCS provides.
GCS Tech support is available during normal business hours at email@example.com. Phone support is also available at 303-617-6442 8:00a.m. To 5:00p.m. Monday thru Friday MST (Holiday’s excluded). Please allow up to 4 hours for a response via phone, email responses are often addressed much quicker.
II. Support Charges
GCS provides customers with support on initial setup, site availability, POP3 email retrieval and FTP/Control Panel access at no charge. All other support is billed at $125/hour.
III. Customer Responsibilities
Customers need to provide:
- If the customer plans to edit or maintain their website directly, they are responsible for owning the required software and possessing the knowledge to use said software. GCS does not provide support or training for web design tools outside of verifying the user can connect to our systems via FTP or other popular methods.
- An active connection to the Internet with sufficient bandwidth for your requirements.
- In the event of website or email inaccessibility, customers will check that the problem is not related to their network or computers prior to calling support.
- The client is responsible for maintaining their own email client and email messages. GCS provides POP3 email support for the receipt and temporary storage of domain email. All email left on our servers is deleted after 90 days. We will provide assistance in setting up your email client, but we do not support your choice of email client past initial configuration and/or server side troubleshooting.
IV. Ownership of Data
All data resident within our applications and servers are the property of the company/customer that created and/or stored the data within our system and is for the exclusive use of that company/customer. GCS makes no claims to any contact information, email content, published documents (including HTML files, SQL databases, etc..) or any type of data contained within the application running on our servers.
The customer’s data is ultimately the customer’s responsibility. Regular system backups are performed and GCS takes every precaution to ensure our client’s data is secure, but should data be lost due to a system failure, end user error, media failure, security vulnerability, software bug or any other reason, GCS is not responsible. GCS strongly suggests that customers backup their websites and any other important information they may store on our systems including email, documents, etc… If the customer does not possess the skills or software to maintain a backup, GCS will freely offer advice on how to do so or will provide backups via CD for a fixed fee of $225 per backup.
Complete system backups are performed regularly. Upon customer request to restore a website or other data (this includes but is not limited to website contents, logs, email, account information, etc..), we can make the requested data available for download at an additional charge of $225.00. GCS is not responsible for data loss resulting from the failure or loss of backup media, security vulnerability, end user error, system failure or any other reason.
V. Privacy Statement
We do not share your personal information with others except to the extent necessary to complete your order. Agents of GCS who have access to your personal information are required to keep it confidential and are prohibited from using it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for GCS.